Norton antivirus is one of the most sought after antivirus in this digital era that not only gives protection to your devices but also protects your digital identity. It creates an invisible wall between your devices and viruses, spyware, malware, and the list seems to be endless. Norton can be a watchdog and does not let viruses attack your devices. If you have Norton antivirus software, don’t worry about your personal information that cannot be stolen by hackers or cyber attackers. Despite being enabled several types of features, the users have to face several types of errors or technical issues, and one of the most common or significant issues come while installing Norton Setup to its device. This error becomes and is known as the Norton Not Responding error.
This article is dedicated and going to reveal all the tiny information regarding Norton not responding error. The users of the Norton antivirus will find the easiest way to troubleshoot this issue. All intricacies of “Norton Not Responding" has been mentioned in this post precisely.
“Norton not responding” error is generally originated on an account of the existence of any antivirus software, if one more antivirus is installing on the same device that may conflict.
Solutions to Fix the “Norton Not Responding” Error:
In order to deal with this technical glitch, the following steps are given below:
Steps 1: Conflicting Security Product Needs to Uninstalled to fix "Norton Not Responding" Error
Start with the start menu of your system by clicking on the “start button” on the taskbar of your system.
- After that, select “Run”
- With the help of shortcut keys like Key+" R", the users can start the Run dialogue box.
- As a next step, it will ask you to type control in the dialogue box. And then click on the “enter” key.
- As you click on enter you will find the list of all installed programs to your system.
- From the list, you will select the third-party security product and there will be two options to click on the remove/uninstall tab.
- It will ask you to follow the onscreen instructions for removing and uninstalling the program.
- After completing the process of uninstalling, restart your computer. Now, install the Norton setup.
Step 2: Install the Norton Security Product to Norton Not Responding
First and foremost, you must exit out of the all program running on this device.
- Click on “window key +R” on the keyboard for starting the Run dialogue box.
- After that on the text package, it will ask you type the command “misconfig”
- Now, Click on the “enter” key.
- The users will find the “user’s accounts control” window.
- Home the window comes with two options yes or continues option to click.
- As the next step, you will find” system configuration”.
- It will lead you to the boot tabs that have two options “safe boot and network” option.
- As per your requirement, click on the ok tab.
- Now, it is time to restart the device and click on the “restart” tab.
- Now, safe mode will be on.
- After that, you can make all the possible effort to install Norton setup to your system.
The above-given information in terms of fixing the Norton not responding error is enough and easy to understand for the users. if still, the issue has been resolved, get help from the Norton.Com/Setup technicians who can provide all sorts of technical assistance in no time.